Provide support to the tax site by greeting and screening all tax filers to ensure the filer has all necessary information and documents required to complete a tax return by
- Use check –in sheet to sign in tax filers seeking assistance.
- Greet all tax filers visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere.
- Give each tax filer Form 13614-C, Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet to complete.
- Help clients fill out their intake forms and get their paperwork ready.
- Use the completed Form 13614-C to screen tax filers to determine the type of assistance they will need.
- Refer to completed Form 13614-C to ensure the tax filer has brought the required documents (e.g. valid photo identification, Social Security card or other acceptable documentation, W-2, 1099’s, last year’s return, health insurance 1095 forms) from which a tax return can be completed.
- For clients choosing to use the drop-off service, copy or scan all of the documents and create folder for each tax filer.
- Make appointment reminder phone calls.
- Notify Site Coordinator and/or tax preparers when tax filers are picking up completed returns.
- Assist with data entry or other tasks as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with a wide range of people.
- Comfort using computers.
- Strong interest in helping low-income access their full refund.
- Able to commit to a 3-4 shift each week from January 22 – April 15, 2019.
- Shifts are available week day mornings, afternoon, evenings and Saturdays 9:00am-2:00pm
Investing your time in our VITA program is an investment in your local families and communities!
For more information about becoming a VITA volunteer, contact Emily Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 610.543.5022.